Thank-you for your interest in a MACC membership! The club strives to assure members are good cyclists, possess basic cycling education and are committed.
A prospective member of Metro Atlanta Cycling Club must:
- Complete within twelve months, seven (7) rides accompanied by three or more members. You will need to submit your rides so be sure to keep a record of ride and member names for each ride.
- Complete a fifty-mile bike ride. This can be one of the required 7 rides.
- Demonstrate the following bike maneuvers while cycling:
-Left and right turn signals
-Look over the left or right shoulder to i.e. check traffic
-Ride with either hand while drinking from a water bottle
- Demonstrate the removal of the rear wheel and replacing an inner tube.
A prospective member of Metro Atlanta Cycling Club must agree to:
- Maintain membership in good standing (pay dues; participates, volunteers).
- Contribute to the operation and execution of the club’s annual fundraiser, the MACC One Love Century.
- Volunteer to lead at least one MACC ride per year.
- Attend several club rides during the year.
- Conduct yourself according to the MACC Principles listed herein.
- Never mix MACC kit items with other club kits or other branded attire.
MACC Principles – As a member of the Metro Atlanta Cycling Club, while riding my bicycle (in MACC gear), with the group or alone, I agree to:
- Conduct myself in a positive professional manner when cycling and especially while wearing a MACC kit.
- Stop at red lights and traffic signs. Obey all traffic laws. Execute all hand signals.
- Maintain my bike in a safe mechanical condition and carry a spare tube, tire levers, and pump or CO2’s.
- Wear industry certified helmet at all times when riding.
- Observe proper cycling etiquette and be courteous to fellow cyclists. Offer assistance to any cyclist in distress.
- Call and point out road hazards: plates, rocks, sand, gravel, holes, and other road conditions for the rider behind you. Also call out car-back, car-up, car-passing, and walker-up when necessary. Be loud and clear in your directions.
- Be courteous to motorists even in the aftermath of them displaying rude and inconsiderate behavior. Acknowledge considerate motorists by waving or by saying “Thanks”.
If you have completed your 7 required rides/demonstrations and wish to become a member, perform the following:
- Complete and submit the MACC Application/Edu-test. online form. Click the following to see a preview of the form. Be sure to use a correct & current email address on your application.
- Once you complete the form, a membership coordinator will verify your submission. Watch for a “future member” email notification that indicates application approved.
- Please DO NOT submit membership dues until you receive that email notification. If not received within 2 weeks, contact the membership coordinator.
You will receive an official “Welcome to MACC” email once verification and dues are paid. Please review that email in its entirety for important information regarding the club!
MACC Kit items will never be mixed with other club’s clothing!